Does your Knoxville home have dull and scratched stone floors and you’re considering cleaning them on your own? It can be tempting to try to have a do-it-yourself mentality, but, there are a few things to consider when making a decision on natural stone floor care. Here are Carr’s Rug Cleaning‘s top three reasons to hire a professional for natural stone floor cleaning.
1. Experience and ExpertiseStone flooring costs more than average ceramic tile, so if you spent the extra dollars to install high-quality flooring, why would you trust its care to someone other than the best? We’ve specialized in floor care for almost 40 years, which means that we have perfected the art of natural stone floor cleaning. We have experience cleaning marble, travertine, limestone, slate, sandstone, granite, and more.
2. Proper Cleaning TechniquesOnce you’ve done a job over and over, you find a system to do the job well. Our process includes six steps:
- We take the time to customize a plan for your specific flooring. This way you know what to expect ahead of time, and when we do the job, we approach cleaning with a game plan already in mind.
- The cleaning process matters, but so does the prep work. We take the necessary precautions to keep the area around your flooring protected. Also, our process is dust-free, so it limits the amount of dust and particles spreading through your home.
- Believe it or not, we use diamond abrasives and water to create a consistent sheen on your surfaces. It takes care of slight scratches and etches in the flooring.
- Whether you want a high-gloss she, a semi-gloss, or a dull look, the floor is mechanically finished. This can help to work out the scratches and scuffs on the surface.
- We use particular cleaning agents that are for the specific purpose of cleaning natural stone floors. Every floor is a little different, but, generally, we use a brush or machine to clean it, then rinse it well with clear water to finish the job.
- When it comes to sealing, we apply a clear sealer for stone protection that makes it easier to maintain in the long run. Then, voila! The job is complete.
3. Time-Saving Convenience
When you hire someone to do the work, after the appointment is booked, you can go on with your life. Time is money and a professional natural stone floor cleaning can save you precious time. We also do rug cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and more, so we can be your one-stop shop to help you mark off that home to-do list.